If you’re the first in your family to go to higher level studies, preparing for the move can be difficult. How do you know which items you’ll need and which to leave behind? To help we’ve put together a useful guide.
So lets get started:
- Bed linen including sheets, blankets, 2 pillows and pillowcases ( Provided )
The blankets here are very rough which can be used to smoothen any rough surfaces or to polish your shoes. You can change them every weekend at Bella Vista Reception 12pm-5pm. If you go earlier than 12 or later than 5, they will give you a dog look.
- Clothes Of Course
- Cloth Hangers
- Iron Box and Board which can be bought here
- Extension adaptors
- Personal items such as toiletries
- Kitchen items and some food to keep you going for the first week or if you come early you can get it from the nearest wholesale market
Both of this shops are located next to each other, just walking distance. RM 4 by GRAB from HMA
- Stationary including pens, pencils, notepads and highlighters
- PC/laptop and any cables and chargers
Expect some blackout nights, so bring some mosquito coils or spray to avoid being sucked by the beautiful xl size mosquitos.
Read Here for the blackout Experience: 27 Hours Without Electricity | Insights of HMA
For studies most of us prefer using Ipad, it is more convenient to be carried compared to laptop
- Notepads if prefer making handwritten notes
- Mobile phone and chargers
- Emergency medications
- Washing detergent and cleaning items if you prefer washing yourself
- Umbrella if it rains since there is no cover for you to the class, so called “Premium” flight school that did not take into account the weather factor and the audacity of the school
- Plates and bowls ( for Maggi )
- Water Bottles ( they have 2 new water dispensers , 1 in block A and 1 in block D)
- Glasses or mugs
- Tupperware if want to pack your food from Bella Vista which serves their horrible food. Honestly their breakfast is the best ( Hotel Standard )
- A kettle if you need it
- Shoe Polish
- Necessary Documentation
I would recommend to bring those important stuffs first since you will be coming here by flight and get the remaining things here locally.
No curfew in this school. But just say yes if the principal ask.
There are many laundries in Padang Matsirat. Those we recommend is AY Laundry, Eagle Laundry ( Shifted to ulu melaka area) , LaundryBar ( Self Service). The rates are pretty cheap.
In room Facilities:
- Air Conditioner which works based on its mood, they also menstruate and throw hot air
- Table Lamp
- 2 plugs each
- A closet
- Study table/chair with drawers
For room vacuuming, cadets are allowed to borrow it from the management
The efficiency of the management & the maintenance team here is very high. They would take 2 months to repair a flush, 3 months for air-conditioner. Sometimes you could watch HMA students VS BV staff.
Mr snake do give a visit sometimes
Keeping your valuables safe
‘Given that this AFTO is a social environment, it’s important to be wary of your valuable or important possessions,’ . Security tips include:
- avoid leaving your room unlocked, even for a short time
- never leave windows and sliding doors open when you’re out especially ground floor
- don’t leave expensive items on view from the outside
- keep your room key safe, if you misplaced it don’t worry the guard in duty holds a spare key
Most of us fixed our own locks for the room since we had cases of people entering with card into our rooms. Even we use it sometimes in the case our keys locked inside
For boys if you see hole on the bathroom door please make sure you cover it before taking shower , we have gay boy ( BV staff) who loves to peek. He was reported and moved out. Will write & publish more about him when I graduate from HMA.