How To Become A Pilot : A Step By Step Guide For Private Cadets

Becoming a pilot is not as easy as you think, It takes a long process just to get your slots secured and get the documents ready. Some people are still clueless in getting their documents verified and as well as obtaining the CAAM approval letter. This takes up to a month and sometimes 2 months to be ready.

My thought it would be wise to compile a step-by-step guide on how you can become an airline pilot, from your first step to your reporting day.

1. Write letter to CAAM (Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia ) and attach
with your SPM result (certified true copy). This will take up to a month to be received by post.

The form can be printed here: request-letter-of-acceptance-of-professional-pilot-training

PRINT > FILL UP > SUBMIT AT CAAM OFFICE

2. Go to the nearest flying school which you prefer to enroll and secure your slots as the waiting list for the cadets are quite long. Around 90 cadets in MFA itself.
3. Scan and email the following documents to the respective flying schools
– CAAM Letter Of Acceptance For Professional Pilot Training
– SPM Certificate with Certify True Copy
– Identity Card (MyCard) front and back.

As a backup keep a softcopy of every documents you carry in your cloud storage.

4. Please take note that your name will be on the waiting list and they will
call you for the next available date for their internal assessment.

5. Upon passing the test and interview,  you are required to go for Medical
Check Up ( Class One Medical )
-List of Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) is inside the CAAM Website:

6. Commence training – Uniform is require from a standard formal wear at
academy which is different by schools.

7. More informations will be provided once you are ready to report & start your journey at flying school.

Pls re-confirm with the schools with the process of getting registered. But the documents required are the same.

Read More:

I Don’t Have Funds For Flight Training | What Should I Do?

Don’t Get Conned By Philippines Flying School Agent in Malaysia | FAA

12 thoughts on “How To Become A Pilot : A Step By Step Guide For Private Cadets

• April 9, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Hi i would like to ask am i allow to submit my request letter of acceptance of professional pilot training through an email or do i have to poast it to the office ? Please do reply ,this will really help me. Thank you .

• April 9, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Have to give it by hand or by post…and give them a call to verify if they recieved it

• April 9, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Alright got it thank you so much , much appreciated,btw that was fast .

• April 9, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Welcome…I was writing a new content and saw your comment

• May 12, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Hye, my husband’s long time ambition is to be a pilot ever since he was young, unfortunately his family couldn’t afford to make him study years back. He’s 32 now, but his passion, love for aviation is always there till today.I can say if u ask him to fly a plane now, he would. that’s how much he’s loves aeroplanes, he studys, research, learns e eveything about planes meticulously. However he told me there is age limit to be pilot and hes old to be a pilot now. I would like to know, is it possible for him to apply to do pilot at the age of 32,if yes could u please guide me how can I make the application.If this can happen, its like his dream, his ambition is coming true. Kindly do reply ya. Thank you very much.

• May 12, 2020 at 12:08 pm

Hello Mrs Darshini,
      I ll reply you by email shortly

• May 12, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Hi Could you provide me your valid email

• August 8, 2020 at 2:06 am

Hi,i would like to ask some questions personally.can i drop my email address ?

• August 8, 2020 at 2:25 am

Yes Sure sis, You may contact me via email or instagram.

• May 12, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Sorry, this is my valid one